Parliament is a serious place, and the Palace of Westminster and constituency offices are filled with hard-working, dedicated professionals engaged in the important business of running the country. Yet even the most committed need time for rest and recuperation, space to kick back and unwind, and opportunities to take a sideways look at their workplace, employers and even their political masters.
This is the place for staff who are looking for something less serious and rather more entertaining than the average guide to best practice.
We hope you enjoy these guides as much as we do.
- Dean Trench’s Guides
- Favourite Parliamentary Moment of the Year – 2011
- Parliamentary Assistant – The Truth Will Out!
- Sally’s Diary
- Ten things you should never let your MP do
- Livia’s Diary
- Harper Pepperswitch’s Guides
- Correspondence from Jenny
- The Wild and the Wilful: other alt.guides
- 12 months at Westminster – the obstacle course
- Twelve Months in a Constituency Office: In a Cupboard with Snow-Shoes, Street-Lights and Election Frenzy
Got your own ideas?
If you’d care to add to the pile of stuff to read, do get in touch.
This page was last updated on 1 May 2012